Tuesday, June 10, 2008

AN ABSCESS MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER

If you've been to this site before, you might've noticed I've made an executive decision and deleted everything that was up here. You also might notice a fair amount more writing than usual...

Well, dammit... I'm shaking this whole thing up.

After what is swiftly encroaching on the 2 year mark, I've decided to use this site as my own personal soap box, as so many others before me have. That is what this blogging deal is all about anyway, isn't it? Bitching?

When I first heard about "blogging," I had two immediate reactions:

1.) "That's a really stupid name which sounds like desperately un-fun tech guys trying to be wacky"

and

2.) I thought of all those mid 90's websites that would come up on early search engines (Webcrawler, anyone?) with captivating titles like "The Steinburgs Go to Cabo in '97" and "Ways to Groom Your Ferret" with janky, stock flash animation, neon backgrounds and poorly uploaded, blown-up-to-pixelated snapshots of things I couldn't really imagine anyone but the people who took them giving two shits about.

So- I balked.

But- I make cartoons (cartoons that I don't really EXPECT anyone to give two shits about) and this free blog deal seemed like the cheapest and most appropriate way to get them up on the web without too much effort on my part. And that's really the ultimate goal, because I am lazy as fuck.

Unfortunately, at this point in my life, it has become clear to me that I am not a Dynamo. I wish I was- Dynamo's have a sweet ass ride in this life- goin' about, just doin' things and never really seeming to have to try too much while getting superhuman quantities of shit done.

Alas, I am a laborer. And a shitty one at that. I labor. I toil. And I complain about what comes out.

So- I've decided to pull up my stakes, say "fuck all" and use this as a forum to blather on about whatever silly drivvel should happen to waft into my rather sizeable head. I figure at this point, I've cornered enough friends and loved ones and ranted nonsense at them while lit up like a hobo garbage can, why not give my bullshit a noble aim? So here I am, all set to improve my ranting skills in a writing-type environment. Here you will find record reviews, show reviews, movie reviews, rants about public transportations, and perhaps an occasional lengthy raving on the blight of the American yuppie.

And oh yeah- there will be comics, too. In fact, if my meager efforts are going correctly, the hard copies of those very comics just might be what's sent you here. And if that's the case, thanks for taking it the extra step. I hope you like what you see.

But there will be more than comics- show posters, side projects I'm working on, sketches, what-have-you, will all be thrown up here as well. unfortunately for those of you who have been here before, there will be a repeat or two. But hang in there- I have a lot more stuff waiting in the wings.

The main goal is still to force people to look at my comics. But why not dress up that sandwich with a healthy dollop of open discourse?

The way I see it- if you don't want to read all this: don't. Much as I, long ago, a wistful overweight teenager, sat on Webcrawler mentally damning the assholes clogging up the internet with pictures of a seabass they caught while on a much better vacation than any I've ever taken, now I sit here, a sullen overweight man, and clog my own portion of this internet toilet of ours with my own particular brand of dreck.

So... I guess what I mean is...get the plunger.


Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home