Sunday, April 05, 2009

IRONY FINALLY REACHES THE SANDWICH ARTS

In the interest of keeping the day wild and exciting, I went to Subway. I noticed there was a new homemade sign taped to the counter refusing service to anybody using a cell phone while ordering.

After waiting five minutes, the store's lone employee (who'd been talking loudly on the phone in the back) comes stumbling out, pretty obviously as well baked as an oven-toasted sub.

He's on a cellphone, and continues to be on a cell phone all the way through the "sandwich artist" creative process.

I can't help but think maybe the homemade sign taped to the counter was supposed to point the other way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous consumatron said...

I pretty much despise Subway for all of it's disgusting food and annoying ex-fat guy commercials, but every once in a while, I wander into one hoping to see one of the sandwich artists creating the next great salami mural... It never happens, of course. Hell, I'd even take a conceptual piece.

Instead, I get a bacon turkey sub with a side of Funyons.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home