Sunday, March 22, 2009

BEST LAID PLANS...

My original plan with this blog was to post a comic every day.

I've realized that that will never happen if I'm attempting to come up with and draw a full strip every day in addition to all the other humdrum and ragamarolle I've got going on day-to-day.

Fortunately, I also realized that something weird or notable seems to happen just about every day if I look hard enough.

Thus- from here on out, I'll be putting up one panel a day. Kind of a diary, but mostly not.

I've always thought diary comics were kind of self-indulgent. So, instead of drawing myself everyday (which I find wholly unpleasant), I've decided to substitute a cartoon hobo.

Everything will be put together about two weeks out, just to make sure I'm doin' 'em every day. If you've ever tried to do something everyday, you know shit happens,and all of a sudden you're two weeks to a month behind schedule.

If I'm on vacation, away from the internet (God forbid!) or what-have-you, I'll post a bunch of panels on the same day. The idea is to have a comic every day. When they go up is something else entirely.

So keep yr eyes here, and program your blackberrys and boysenberrys and dingleberrys accordingly- I'll be updating much more frequently.

So- without further delay, here's day one....

It occurs to me while shopping for a new pocket sketch book to get this 'daily comic' thing rolling appropriately, that the local CVS stocks their office and 'art' supplies across the aisle from their toy section.

Somehow this makes everything seem futile.

Sure, their stocking pattern was probably just happenstance. But it begs the question:

Is a kid's work play, and toys are their 'office supplies?'

Or are we all big babies?

Also: Barney-shaped chalk is 'executive pen set' adjacent."





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh great. You're posting a panel a day? That means I have to post a comment every day. As if I didn't have other people's blogs who I don't know to comment on every day.

*shakes fist*

You owe me dinner for this one! ;)

Also, have you ever noticed that the feminine hygiene products are often directly across the aisle from the Drain-O?

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home