Thursday, April 16, 2009



Today, while passing a school bus, I got a big ol' nostril full of school bus fumes and, sadly, instantly remembered about twenty different field trips on a poorly ventilated bus taken in grade school. The smell of the chalk board green colored seats was as distinctive as anything I've huffed in my life.

Almost as quickly as the wave of flashes from trips to state parks, public zoos, firehouses, and John Adams boyhood home passed through my mind, I realized that this was perhaps the saddest bit of nostalgia I'll ever experience. I don't remember having fun on a field trip once- it was merely less terrible than other things I didn't enjoy in school.

Also- bus fumes=dead brains cells, which should not equal pleasant memories.

Of course, I'm drinking rum as I type this, and I have pleasant memories of drinking that. Does rum kill brain cells? I don't remember. What's on TV?

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Don't forget the trip to the sewage plant. Did you go on that one, in 6th grade? Now *that* was classy.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home